Monday, November 15, 2010

Path of Life: The End is Just A New Beginning.

It's funny how the journey of life has so many twists and turns. How there are so many unexpected things, sometimes we can't believe what's happening in our lives, whether they be good or bad...

It feels as though these past few months have been long, hard years; my life changed almost a year ago...When I came to realize something, but what I didn't know was what this realization and acceptance would lead to. It turns out that one night, was all it took to set me on a path of self-reflection, learning, and maturing; it took me down a path I had never been before, one filled with many trials and hardships along with many moments of pure bliss and absolute joy.

As I have said before, these recent times have not always been the most pleasant, or the easiest...but thinking back, I've grown so much. The me a year ago and the me now are so different; looking back, I feel like I was so naive and that I was just a little child. I have confidence that in another year or two I'll feel like the me now still had so much growing left to do, but that's the point of life right?

Another year...gone by so fast, sometimes I find myself thinking, 'Am I really ready to leave all of this behind?' The answer to that is a yes/no one. I remember being a little kid, and saying that I wanted to marry when I was 21, and have a job, family, my own independent life; as the years fly by, I now find myself thinking I wish I had more time. The scariest part about the future is that there won't be anyone there to teach us what to do, no there to hold our hands as we go into society, to make our own mark.

And so with this new chapter about to begin, I feel that it's time to close the door. The final year of high school, the last chance to make memories as a senior, and the time to take the first step into the next chapter. It's as the saying goes, 'When one door closes, another door opens.'

And so here I say goodbye:
to all the things that used to hold me back.
to all the hurtful memories.
to all the unwanted thoughts.
to the naive thinking.
and lastly to my old self.

A new chapter is about to begin, the details yet to be decided; but with a faithful heart and belief in myself, I know everything will turn out ok.

Cecilia Ng
2011 senior/graduate

No comments:

Post a Comment