Have you ever thought about 'fate'? Or even an idea that was similar?...
What is fate?
The idea that everything happens for a reason in life?
The idea that our lives are destined to follow a certain path?
Or is it the idea that some things, like love, are just meant to be?
I guess it's one of those existential questions with and endless number of answers and rebuttals.
I can't say that I believe our lives are destined to a certain outcome, but I also can't say that I don't believe things happen for a reason. It's like with religion...different people hold differing beliefs. It is because we all believe in something different that I began to wonder...
What happens when two beliefs collide?...What will the resulting product be?
Just like the fact that there are endless numbers of beliefs and views out there, there are endless numbers of ways that the meeting of two different people/ideas will conclude...
Back to the idea of fate.
If you believe in it, how do you go about living life? Trying to read signs as you go along? Or do you simply live life and after events occur think back and come up with explanations for those events?
If you don't believe in it, how do you go about living life? Seeing those recurring 'signs' simply as luck? Or going through life with the mindset that you control your own life.
The concept of fate is one that I feel people have to choose for themselves whether they believe or disbelieve. With my story I never thought about fate as being something that controlled my life, but every so often I would stop and ask myself, "Was this meant to be?"...
Whether you're a believer or not, you cannot go through life expecting someone or something to always be there, to guide you, catch you, or to protect you. There are some things in life that we must do for ourselves...we have the ability to change our future. We have the power to be who we want to be, for ourselves and for the ones we love. If we sit by idly while time passes us by, waiting for that special someone or that one big break we've only wasted our own precious time. We learn through our ups and downs, it's those moments that make us who we are...
In the idea of fate, I believe that everything that happens, has a lesson behind it to be learned. Whether it was rock bottom or cloud nine, we can always reflect on what has happened and change ourselves (hopefully for the good). Take some time in your everyday busy life and reflect on all those 'big' life-changing events, how have you grown from them? How can you continue to grow? Better yet, how can you help others to grow based on your own story?...
Fate is a funny thing...kinda like love.
No comments:
Post a Comment